Saturday, July 25, 2015

Nerd Camp 2015! July 6 and 7

Wow, what a terrific event -- teachers and authors and kids and librarians and lots of talk about books of all kinds... and it's all FREE. Of course I carried around a sketchbook the whole time.

Here are some sketchbook pages from Nerd Camp 2015, our second year of participation:





These are the authors on our panel. Wow!! Big names!


After talking and sharing ideas with teachers for two days, we bring in the kids. 
Below, my group is drawing themselves as characters. Next they drew themselves as rabbits.
Then we started writing and drawing a story together.

In between sessions I got to hang out with fellow Bloomsbury author Erin Soderberg, creator of THE QUIRKS -- what fun she is!



Thank you so much to the organizers of Nerd Camp, especially Colby Sharp and his family.
Thank you to Bookbug, Kalamazoo's terrific independent bookstore, for handling sales at Nerd Camp. How great to see the overwhelming support for your store, from the crowd.
What an amazing resource this program is! I'm so happy to be part of it.

2 comments:

-blessed holy socks said...

Hey, you. I'm a nerd, too. I wok weeerd, I tok weeerd, I spell weeerd. Wonder why? Greetings, earthling. Lemme fill-you-up with MY sassy, savvy, insane-avant-gardeness to peruse and ponder the wealth of Seventh-Heaven...

If I'm a sower, we plant the Seed; if I'm an artist, we write the Word. See? Jesus and i are one...

Find-out where we went on our journey far, far away like the synonyMOUSE metaphors which shall creeep stealthily across thy brain bringing U.S. together...

And see if you cannot 'read-between-the-lines' -or- VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to the wise): here's summore symbiotically-explosive-coolness done in sardonic satires when we passed-away...

Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
See you Upstairs.
thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

<- grrr. dunnoYi dint put a link 2B1:
● en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ●
GBY